Welcome Message

Marvel, Muse, Manifest, Materialize. Welcome to February Jones: The Blog. While you're here I might challenge some of your opinions, show you something you never knew before, or if you're lucky, I just might melt your brain and bring you a new way of viewing the world and your place in it. And I have accessories to help you remember these new ways of thinking! View my Etsy shop items just to your lower right in my CraftCult widget, or by clicking on the Merchverse tab above. See what some of my customers think in the Testimonial section, and check out all on my interweb featurettes in the Media section. You can even watch some awesome Etsy videos in the Etsy Fun! section. I hope you enjoy the World of February Jones and come back often, things are always changing.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mind Meld: Journal Archives

This is a new regular feature that I'd like to do to help show you all a bit more about what makes me tick, or how I think, or why I am the way that I am and how my life and experiences have contributed to the things I love to make today. So I present to you the "Mind Meld"! If you've never heard the term before, that's okay... it's from Star Trek (I have a geeky-dorky side which I'm sure you'll get to know) and only Vulcans can do it ;)

A "mind-meld" is a technique for sharing thoughts, experiences, memories, and knowledge with another individual. -Wikipedia

It could be a little piece from one of my old sketchbooks, or a page from a journal, or a spotlight on a favourite movie that I just can't ever get enough of... you get the idea. I have a lot of things tucked away, whether they're written on pages or simply memories that I've never shared, but I think they each deserve their time in the sun and you never know, maybe they will change the way you think about something or maybe even help you realize that you aren't alone in the way you feel. Who knows? Think of it as a bit of a show and tell, like you used to do in school when you were a kid- after all, we can all benefit from a little bit of childhood fun, no matter how old we are!


Journal Selection - June 22, 2005

The photo should be large enough for you to read the entry, but if you want to make it bigger just hold down your control button and press the "plus (+)" sign to make it bigger and then the "minus (-)" sign to make it smaller again. I made a photocopy of this entry, cut out the image and tacked it on my inspiration board- for a stick figure I think it communicates a lot! I use this image to remind me that your past is important because it has shaped who you are today, but if you get hung up on it you'll never be able to proceed into your future. When I wrote this entry I never thought that 5 years later I'd be taking real steps to follow my dreams. I don't think it would have happened if I was still trying to lug my baggage around. Instead I now "leave it in storage" and can summon up different parts of it to help me gracefully walk, step by step, into my future. 

I challenge you to leave some stuff behind (metaphorically) and join me in taking small steps, bit by bit, towards the future of your dreams. Do you have a dream that you've always wanted to pursue? Share it in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Melody! The trick to getting a style of handwriting that you like is to change the way you make one letter first, like an 'a' or 'g' or 'y'... the rest slowly falls into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. journaling like this is so powerful, it is amazing what you can write and how it can move your life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES I DO HAVE A DREAM AND I LOVE YOUR STORY IT SYNCOPATES WITH MYNE ...LATER brUCe

    cREATIVE IS HOW WE ALL GET TO "c" IT
    ALL THE BESTEST 4 U!!!

    ReplyDelete